New Jersey Association for Gifted Children (NJAGC) Developing Minds Award 2017
This new NJAGC award is presented to an individual who has made a positive impact on gifted children, through his/her business. The person must be an entrepreneur, not in a franchise business, and have a proven track record.
- In business at least three years in New Jersey with current business
- Can be non-profit or for-profit
- Cannot be a franchise or a club
- Has a proven track record
- Targets gifted students
- Has a website that specifically states it is for high ability students
Note: Neither Nominator nor Nominee have to be members of NJAGC to qualify.
Packet must include the following items:
- Nomination form + essay on why this individual is worthy of the award (please provide several substantial examples of why this person is deserving of the award).
- Vitae or complete background information on nominee and business including evidence that business has been operational for 3-5 years
- Professional organizations and memberships and any specific role(s) in these organizations; any awards received
- At least 3 Letters of Recommendation, which should contain specific examples of how this person/ business has made a difference specifically for gifted students and should be a combination from the following: An administrator, a parent, a program participant (current or former) , a colleague, or a product user (if applicable)
Only completed packets will be judged. Judging will be completed by NJAGC Board members. To view the rubric Evaluation of Developing Minds Award Nominees, click here.
Judges are looking for:
- Implementation of a successful business targeting gifted and talented students
- Evidence of exemplary programs and/or innovative products that support gifted children in New Jersey
- Evidence of success (through examples given in Letters of Recommendation)