New Jersey Association for Gifted Children (NJAGC) Parent of the Year Award for 2017
This NJAGC award is presented to a parent who has made a positive impact through his/her efforts supporting the needs of gifted children and educators of gifted children. .
- Must be a parent of one or more gifted children
- Exhibits consistent advocacy for gifted education and/or gifted children
- Has demonstrated sustained support of gifted programs and gifted children
Note: Neither Nominator nor Nominee has to be a member of NJAGC to qualify.
Packet must include the following items:
- Nomination form + essay on why this individual is being nominated. (Please provide several substantive examples of why this person is deserving of the award.)
- Vitae or complete background information on nominee
- Professional organizations and memberships and specific role(s) in these organizations; any awards received
- At least 3 Letters of Recommendation which should contain specific examples of how this person has made a difference, specifically for gifted students:
One from an administrator
One from a teache
One from either a student (current or former) or a colleague
Only completed packets will be judged. Judging will be completed by NJAGC Board members. To view the Rubric for Evaluation of Parent of the Year Award Nominees, click here.
Judges are looking for:
- Demonstrated commitment to gifted education and gifted children
- Exemplary and/or innovative contributions of time and effort in support of gifted children in New Jersey
- Evidence of sustained support of educators of gifted learners, classroom teachers, parents of gifted children, and gifted students
- Evidence of consistent advocacy for gifted education