New Jersey Association for Gifted Children (NJAGC) Teacher of the Year Award for 2017
This NJAGC award is presented to an individual who has made a positive impact through his/her work with gifted children.
- Must be a full time teacher in a public, private/independent or charter school
- May be in the regular classroom or a specialist in a gifted position
- Must be involved both with gifted students/programs and in a current district for a minimum of three years
Note: Neither Nominator nor Nominee have to be members of NJAGC to qualify.
Packet must include the following items:
- Nomination form + essay on why this individual is being nominated. (Please provide several substantial examples of why this person is worthy of the award.)
- Vitae or complete background information on nominee
- Professional organizations and memberships and any specific role(s) in these organizations; any awards received
- 3 Letters of Recommendation, which should contain specific examples of how this person has made a difference, specifically for gifted students:
One from an administrator
One from a parent
One from either a student (current or former) or a colleague
Only completed packets will be judged. Judging will be completed by NJAGC Board members. To view the Rubric for Evaluation of Teacher of the Year Award Nominees, click here.
Judges are looking for:
- Implementation of a successful gifted and talented program
- Exemplary and/or innovative contributions of time and effort in support of gifted children in New Jersey
- Instructional or educational contributions to gifted education locally, statewide, or nationally
- Consistent advocacy for gifted education