New Jersey Association for Gifted Children (NJAGC) Hall of Fame Award for 2017
This NJAGC award is presented to an individual who has made a positive impact through his/her leadership in supporting the needs of gifted children and educators of gifted children.
- Must be an individual who has made significant contributions to gifted education in NJ
- May or may not be an educator
- Has demonstrated sustained support of gifted programs and gifted children
Note: Neither Nominator nor Nominee has to be a member of NJAGC to qualify.
Packet must include the following items:
- Nomination form + essay on why this individual is being nominated. (Please provide several substantive examples of why this person is deserving of the award.)
- Vitae or complete background information on nominee
- Professional organizations and memberships and specific role(s) in these organizations; any awards received
- 3 Letters of Recommendation which should contain specific examples of how this person has made a difference, specifically for gifted students. Letters may be received from civic leaders, colleagues, administrators, parents, students (past or present), etc.
- Include newspaper clippings, success stories, etc. that support this nomination.
Only completed packets will be judged. Judging will be completed by NJAGC Board members.
To view the Rubric Evaluation of Hall of Fame Nominees, click here.
Judges are looking for:
- Demonstrated commitment to gifted education and gifted children
- Exemplary and/or innovative contributions of time and effort in support of gifted children in New Jersey
- Evidence of sustained support of educators of gifted learners, classroom teachers, parents of gifted children and gifted students
- Evidence of consistent advocacy for gifted education